Monday, September 20, 2021

Reconnecting

 This is going to be a short blog post, composed on the same day it is published.

I had a good time reconnecting with relatives over the weekend. We chatted so much that I even forgot to take photos. (The picture here is from August 2021 of me and my Uncle Carlton, who is actually my first cousin. I call him my uncle because of our age difference and cultural traditions around elder respect. We saw each other by chance at a mall in the summer and that's when we made plans to see each other again.) 


Even though it takes time and effort to make these visits, the result can really nourish your soul, especially when you have a shared history. The stories and perspectives are eye-opening and interesting to share. Thanks folx for welcoming me and spending time with me!

Now to get to planning collaborative library units (hooray! I've missed that so much!), assessing my Queen's University TL AQ participants' assignments, going to Cross Fit, and voting. (ETA I voted! It wasn't an easy decision for me, but I encourage everyone that can to do so.)



No comments:

Post a Comment