Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Take a break - NOT!

This week is March Break for me and my children. It's so nice to have a week without school and without schedules, but is it technically a "break"? Well, it depends. I plan on sleeping in a lot and going out to eat more frequently than usual, but I am also keen on starting layouts on the school yearbook, which means I need to learn more about Photoshop. I need to read a key article on student reading selections, so that I can find some more articles for my research on the impact of student choice awards and finally get my research survey finalized, uploaded to Survey Monkey, and distributed to the participants in Ontario and Manitoba. I've sent all the files needed for the upcoming issue of The Teaching Librarian (Volume 19 Issue 3) and my teaching scrapbook is calling my name. I think there are times when educators need to divorce themselves from the classroom environment to thoroughly recharge their batteries - several of my colleagues are currently in Cuba, Niagara, and Panama - and I need to make sure I have some down-time as well. I just can't resist using this "free time" to do some learning that I control and desire.

A last passing thought to transform this post into something more than a "what I did over March Break": Andrew Forgrave @aforgrave tweeted a link to this article about Canadian Education Tweeters. I was pleased to see I follow quite a few of these folks and there are more I can add. Read it if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment