Tuesday, August 31, 2010

April 14, 2009 - Melanie Watt is a genius!

Sorry - Easter skewed my blogging rhythm!
My family had a restful, enjoyable four-day weekend. One of the things we did was purchase Scaredy Squirrel At Night, by Melanie Watt. My children love reading the Scaredy Squirrel books. Heck, so do I.
Today's "gift" is a media lesson linked to the book Scaredy Squirrel.
Melanie knows her stuff, knows her audience, and gives them what they want.
Last week, something happened for the first time ever in a library lesson - and it occured with Melanie Watt's Chester. I read it aloud to a JK/SK class and as soon as I finished reading it, they insisted that I read it again, right then and now. So, I did. They loved it that much. My students look forward to seeing Melanie Watt at the Festival of Reading celebration at Harbourfront, and I can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment