Tuesday, August 31, 2010

April 6, 2009 - The Best Laid Plans ...

It's 11:33 p.m. as I'm typing this entry - so technically, it's still a Monday. I'm glad I haven't blown my resolve only after one week. The attachment today is from my Media Lit Kit - a lesson plan on introducing Webkinz and creating a tally chart. Nothing earth-shattering, but even if you pop on over, grab your fix, and off you go ...
My goodness, I'm making this blog sound like a drug deal!
Although speaking of addictive substances, I just finished reading the sixth Sookie Stackhouse novel, "Dead As A Doornail". In one day. Or, more accurately, in four hours. It's a great mix of mystery, romance, supernatural elements and humour. I was supposed to be fixing up my lesson plans, but I got sidetracked by a good book.
Another example of best laid plans gone awry - my family of schools teacher-librarian group are in the midst of planning our our Forest of Reading celebration. We ironed out the date, location, author, activities ... and then found out the author couldn't make our original plan. Lots of phone calls, lots of emails, lots of consultations - thankfully it looks like we've got a new date, location, and author. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't have to switch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment