Tuesday, August 31, 2010

May 4, 2009 - TCAF Coming!

This coming weekend (May 9-10, 2009) is the annual Toronto Comic Arts Festival (TCAF). TCAF is an exciting event. I will be on a panel dealing with comics in education called "Will Libraries Save Graphic Novels?" on Sunday May 10th, 11:30-12:30pm at Learning Centre I (Toronto Reference Library). My daughter and I also volunteer at the children's tent and there are always neat and unique things going on there. Last TCAF, a renowned caricature artist (whose name escapes me at the moment) taught kids how to draw caricatures and my daughter was the model, so she received a free large portrait of herself that still hangs in her room. In honour of TCAF, I'm sharing one of my graphic novel reviews (I have dozens of these on my home computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment