Tuesday, August 31, 2010

July 27, 2009 - Leaving on a jet plane

August is turning out to be a busy month in my household. On Thursday, I leave for a conference in Dallas, Texas. This isn't going to be like the usual conferences I attend; this is Twi-Con, based on the Twilight series of books by Stephenie Meyer. I will a guest on a panel on Teaching Twilight, which should be a lot of fun. Unlike the library conferences I attend, there will be a ball - I bought my first ball gown for this event. An exciting aspect to this conference for me is that I will be meeting eight of my online friends for the first time in person. This will be an adventure! I have plenty of reading material for the plane (I'm re-reading the Twilight series and will be ready to devour Eclipse for the fifth time, plus I have my textbook on Educational Research by John Creswell) and let's hope I'm not too exhausted or keyed up to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment